The Photography of D L Ennis, and more!

 

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Petties Gap



If you find yourself exploring the Blueridge Parkway, look for the single lane roads that wind down the mountains. One spot, I particularly like is Petties Gap, It leads you through the National Forest and has sights of its own, one is a interesting little swimming hole.


The single lane road meanders down the mountain following a creek that is alive with wildlife. Deer, turkey, bear, and hawks can often be seen. But if you fail to catch a glimpse of the wildlife, the stream offers its own attractions.

It was late fall when I took DL down this rough dirt road. Not a time to take a plunge in the water that is ice cold even during the hottest time of summer. But if you are looking for peace and tranquility you will find it here.

Camping is free in this area, but the sites are primitive. Also follow the rule, leave no trace and be careful with campfires.

A note about the pictures: If you click a photo it leads you to my photo-stream on Flickr. All the photos are copyrighted by me. If you care to use one of my photos contact me through my mail at Flickr.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home