The Photography of D L Ennis, and more!

 

Friday, April 07, 2006

Early spring in the north woods




Hello everyone! I have been invited to be a contributer by D.L. Ennis. My name is Linda and I live in upstate NY near the border of the Adirondack Mountains. I have a deep and profound love of the outdoors. I am an avid wildlife and birdwatcher. I also enjoy photography even though I'm not that great. Last night my partner and I took our dog out into the woods for a walk. The trail we followed was an old wagon road that led to the graphite mines that were situated in the mountain side. The property has recently been purchased by Pompa bros mining company. On a side note: I work in a local nursing home. One of our oldest residents who passed on a few years ago, recalls as a girl riding with her aunt up to the graphite mines in a horse drawn wagon bearing dynamite! The road is dirt and rock and the remnants of ancient stone walls line the sides. The forest is quite mature as logging is kept to a minimum in this area. The area is known as the Palmertown Mountain range. Here are a couple photos of our walk. As you can see, I need a little work on learning how this blog works! But not bad for my first try! I hope everyone will enjoy my post. Linda

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home