The Photography of D L Ennis, and more!

 

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Happy Groundhog Day


I know it's kind of late in the day but I wanted to wish you all a Happy Groundhog day!

The photo you see was taken at Groundhog Mountain on the Blue Ridge Parkway. From Groundhog Mountain you can enjoy a beautiful scenic view. An observation tower that was used by the Virginia Forest Service offers amazing long-range views. The groundhog is one of many mammals you may see along the parkway. Farmers who moved into the highlands opened land that favored the habitat of the groundhog, including the south slope of Groundhog Mountain. There are also picnic tables and restrooms at this overlook.

Visit my Buddy, who lives close to Groundhog Mountain, on his blog, Here, there and back. He's a very interesting guy!


Technorati Tags:

2 Comments:

  • At Friday, 03 February, 2006, Blogger The MacBean Gene said…

    Thanks for the referal, DL. I've only one correction. We are close to the top of Groundhog Mountain and on the south slope. The lookout is about a quarter of a mile due up. If you ever get over this way let me know.
    I am told there was one old timer, now gone to his Maker, who used to visit the picnic area regularly to chat up the tourests and usually was invited to stay for lunch.

     
  • At Saturday, 04 February, 2006, Blogger D L Ennis said…

    This is the 4th time I have replied to this comment. Blogger has been messed up and I have lost everything that I have posted including comments.

    What a great place to live D. My wife and I are going to get down that way sometime this spring.
    DL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home