The Photography of D L Ennis, and more!

 

Friday, May 12, 2006

The BRG Weekly Artist Compendious

Orchard Country, 16" x 20" Oil on canvas. Image used with permission Kimberly Juda

This week's featured artist is Kimberly Juda of Kim's Fine Art . Kimberly is based in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, and her wonderful landscapes reflect the beauty of the surrounding Blue Ridge Mountains and lowlands of her home. Her vivid use of color in her paintings captures the power of the rolling landscape that inspires her work.

The unique character of each of Kimberly's paintings comes from her bold experimentation. She is not afraid of failure, learning from mistakes and creating unusual and appealing pieces from serendipity when a painting doesn't turn out the way she expected. The unique beauty of nature both inspires and challenges her work, and capturing the ordinary and creating the extraordinary is a theme of her work. The bold use of color and exploring the relationships between different colors that is characteristic of Kimberly's art creates vivid emotion about the subject.


Golden Moment, 16" x 20" Oil on Canvas. Image used with permission Kimberly Juda

Kimberly writes about her work on her web page: "I have spent my entire life living in either a small town or the country, so I have been strongly influenced by nature, and have found beauty not only in the rolling hills of the Shenandoah Valley, but also the wide plains and dynamic mountain tops of Montana. But after traveling around Italy, my perspective on how and why I make art changed dramatically. Before that time, I was held back by fear and ignorance, and being in such an artistically rich atmosphere sparked an intense need to simply create, no matter what the results were. Sometimes my work is loose and expressive, and sometimes it is controlled and organized; however, both methods are a direct reflection of my personality. Overall, I simply want to connect with my viewers, and I try to do that by revealing my own feelings about each subject that I paint."

Kimberly also does exquisite portrait work, and she has painted commissioned murals in several buildings in Central Virginia. She is available for portrait and mural commissions, and for private and group art lessons. Her work is displayed at the Oasis Gallery in Harrisonburg, Virginia, and at the Shenandoah Valley Art Center in Waynesboro, Virginia. Selected paintings can also be seen at I-Ho's Korean Grill in Bozeman, Montana and at The Jewelry Vault in Broadway, Virginia.

Contact Information:
Kimberly Juda
Web site: http://www.kimsfineart.com/
Email: Kimberly@kimsfineart.com



Technorati Tags:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home