The Photography of D L Ennis, and more!

 

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

know everything there is to be known


It seems so appropriate to start this post with a quote from Winnie the Pooh:

“Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known.” Winnie the Pooh

DL and I took a trek on the Parkway and decided to go to Crabtree Falls, this first photo gives you a sense of deception for soon we would being going up some 1500 feet through skip jack trails.

Twenty three people have died on this journey, in recent years. The trail is much improved now, and they worked on trying to make it very safe, but people do fall.

The bridge here reminds me of one that was on my grandfathers farm in West Virginia. It however, was a swinging bridge. One of my Aunts, my Dad's sister, told me that they use to skate under the bridge and there was one time, when they lost track of my Dad. (he was about six at the time)

They finally found him hanging from underneath the bridge watching them skate. Like Winnie the Pooh, he knew it all, and had no fear at the age of six.

In the upcoming days I am going to take you on an adventure through pictures up the trail that leads up the cascades of Crabtree Falls.

Other things you might enjoy perusing:

My photostream on Flickr. If you have not seen high dynamic range photography you are in for a treat.

A Slide Show of some of the best photographer's around the world. (All photos used with permission)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home